It’s Time For Change, Y’all!

It had been a while since I’ve blogged. Mostly because I’ve been busy. A lot of changes have taken place since I’ve last blogged. Mostly, I have a new job. I am now one of 2 of the instructional technology coaches in my district. My district is the second largest in the state and we’ve had no one in the instructional technology department since first week in August. So I have a little bit of work to do.

Sounds like a stressful situation, but I’ve never been so excited in my life. So far I’ve loved every minute. I haven’t been there a week yet but never in my life have I felt like I am in the perfect place for me. This is the job I’ve been working for for at least 7 years now. I’m here. I’m getting to do it. I loved teaching, most days, haha, but not like this.

I feel like a beginner one minute and then remember what I know or help someone and realize I’m really not. My brain is tired from learning so much. (So that’s my excuse if this post is a little scattered.) Today I figured out to use GAFE, Global Scholar, and Compass Learning from admin view. And wrote district BYOD PD plans between learning this. All of it is so exciting, so a little brain overload is good. I see all the potential our district has and I feel like we have the right team in place to make stuff happen.

With that being said, I’m not sure what direction my blog is going to take. To me, it is still going to be a place for me to reflect. Reflect on what I’m learning and what I’m teaching. I’m ready for this journey and I hope y’all will join me as I make this transition. Your encouragement helps me more than you’ll ever know.

The old cheerleader in me keeps thinking “L-E-T-S-G-O! Let’s go!”

2 thoughts on “It’s Time For Change, Y’all!

1. I was in your position two years ago when I started as an instructional technology facilitator for my district. It is the best job! You are going to love it. If you need any help just let me know. I’m in your tribe and you can also find me at my blog called Tech with Jen.

2. I’m a first year Instructional Technology Coach as well. Just wondering what kinds of things you are going to incorporate to keep your teachers informed. I know you blog, but I was thinking of doing a Google Site for info. I email a lot! Are you doing any after school PD? I set up Appt. Slots and a few teachers took advantage of that. In other words, anything fun and exciting I need to know about? Lol Good luck! and Thanks!